Monday, January 21, 2008

Rambo!


Sly Stallone is releasing his wrap-up of the Rambo story this week. Kenpo black belt Gil Hibben designed the knives for this movie. There was a picture of him with the knives in a recent edition of Blade magazine, and they promised to have an in-depth article on them soon. Gil did the knives for Rambo III years ago. I'm glad to see Gil in the spotlight and wish him the best of luck with this new piece.
Gil has made me a few custom pieces over the years. I have two Parker knives, a Klingon knife from one of the Star Trek movies (one of only 10), a Vietnam-era Special Forces knife made of steel from the World Trade Center, and another odd set. The set is 4 steak knives I bought from Gil in 1984. The blades are etched with his name, just like his other stuff, and I have them in the original shipping box. I never used them. In fact, I'm wondering what their worth because I might sell them. If you know, or you're interested, contact me at lee@leewedlake.com.

No comments: