Monday, August 24, 2009

Yes Virginia, there is an Elbow Set

I found old video of myself doing an elbow set I learned way back in the late 70s. I haven't done it in years but it came back quickly. I learned it from Mike Sanders, who told me he got it in Salt Lake. It's one of those sets you may have heard or read about but never seen. I plan to teach it to my people here and maybe on the seminar circuit. What a blast from the past.
  It's got some "strange " stuff in it. One move rolls the knuckles together as you deliver inward elbows. Another are the vertical strikes that slam into the sternum. The other elbows except the obscure and flapping ones are in there. Reminds me of a thesis technique one of Marc Sigle's students created and named it "KFC", after Kentucky Fried Chicken, and said "all the wings are in there".

No comments: