Monday, March 15, 2010

Connecticut this weekend

Saturday I'll be teaching three seminars at Cromwell Martial Arts in Middletown, near Hartford. Frank Shekosky is the host. I've taught at his studio several times and have always been well-received. Frank's wife, Deb and both his daughters train, too. They're a nice family.
   Frank has an unusual and interesting picture in his lobby. It's him with Wally Jay, Remy Presas and George Dillman. What's rare about Frank is that he has a black in Parker kenpo and was also promoted to black in the Presas system of Arnis by Professor Presas.
   I had met Remy Presas in Boston with Ed Parker and we all went to lunch. When Professor would visit Florida, he'd call me. The first time I had no idea who it was on the phone and he was laughing. My turn was next when I surprised him at a seminar. I was just hanging out and he did a double take, then came over a hugged me. Great guy.  
   Anyway, Saturday I'll do a  kid's seminar and two for adults. Details are on his site at http://www.cromwellmartialarts.com/.
   Pray for Frank - he's picking me up at Bradley International at 5:30 on Friday.

No comments: