Saturday, July 3, 2010

Writers

I recently received books from two kenpo black belts who are also published writers. The first was from Phil Buck in England. His book is entitled Vision Thing. Phil writes horror and he does a good job of it. I have been teasing him that I am concerned about his mental health. That genre is not my thing but I read his and enjoyed. Wierd stuff. He's working on a second.
   The second book I got was from Bill Hayes in California. His is The Original Wild Ones. It's a book about the Boozefighters, one of America's first motorcycle clubs. Bill does a nice job of presenting the history of the club. Who cares, you may ask? The stereotype of the American Biker was generated by an event in California in the 1940's in which the Boozefighters figure prominently. And he shows a side that most people don't look into. It's got some laugh-out-loud moments and if you're into motorcycles you'll appreciate his insight into the perspectives of those of us who ride.
  I've added them to my collection of autographed books. Both are available on Amazon. 

No comments: