Wednesday, March 21, 2012

More craziness in Fresno

Last weekend I was in the Fresno, CA area at the invitation of Graham Lelliott and Pete Valdez. I taught classes Friday evening, Saturday and one on Sunday morning. Many clubs and schools were represented from as far away as Sacramento and Los Angeles.
  A nice surprise was to have Rich Hale drop in and stay the weekend. I hadn't seen Rich since the mid-80's at Pasadena. Rich had a gi top with him that he's been running around the country and getting signed by a host of kenpo practitioners. He doesn't want to give it up but he will be donating it to the auction at Bob White's charity event this coming weekend. I'd guess there's a lot of people wanting that item. There are too many well-known kenpo people's names on it to list. He says he will have posters of it. I saw the rough of it. There is a large photo of the gi and smaller mug shots of those who signed it around the outer edges. Nice idea.
  Back to the seminars. We worked on variations of Five Swords with the adults, kids got some fun stuff along with anti-bully techniques and I did my Defending the Third Person seminar at Pete's. The weekend wrapped with a little over 2 hours on Form 4 at Graham's.
  My thanks go out to Jaydean and Gloria who make the stuff happen behind the scenes. For photos of the weekend you can see Facebook. Rich Hale posted several, along with some other participants.
  

No comments: