Thursday, June 7, 2007

Mount Vernon seminars

Last weekend I was at Steve Hatfield's Panther Kenpo Karate in Mt. Vernon, Ohio.
Steve has been student of mine for about 20 years, when he started driving from the Columbus, OH area to Chicago to train.
I visit his school once a year in the early summer to do a black belt test and seminars. His people continue to improve and Steve himself continues to grow as an instructor and student of the arts.
It's always a pleasure to visit his school and watch the progress. And just getting to sit and talk with Steve is always stimulating. He's a very knowledgable guy and he's got a sense of humor I can appreciate, so there is always a lot of laughter.
Al McLuckie was there as well to teach a class after mine. We didn't have much time to talk since I had to head for the airport but it's always good to see him, too.
Photos of the event should be coming this way and I'll post them as soon as I get them.

No comments: