Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Promotions


I'm back from Germany. It was a great trip and the weather was even warm. In fact, they thanked me for bringing it from Florida. We had a nice turnout with people from Marc Sigle's school in Esslingen as well as his black belts' clubs in Austria and Saarbrucken, Germany.
I tested Marc for his third degree and he passed. I promoted him in front of the group on Saturday. Marc holds a fourth degree from the German Karate Association but not in kenpo. He'd been a kenpo black belt for 10 years with four of those as a second degree. Based on his physical performance, his technical knowledge, and what I have seen him produce as the next generation of kenpo practitioners, I had no problem with moving him up. This puts him on my family tree, which you can see on my site.
That same weekend, Ed Cabrera in Tampa promoted Mark Brewer and Al Jenkins to third degree black. He contacted me before doing so, a courtesy I appreciated, and I concur with his decision. I see Mark and Al regularly, since they attend my seminars in Orlando. Mark is off to Taiwan for a year to teach English and Ed wanted to get him promoted before he left.
Congratulations to all three gentlemen.

No comments: