Saturday, September 27, 2008

On the Continent

I've been in Europe for the last week or so. I was over at Marc Sigle's school in Esslingen, Germany last weekend. Marc had a great turnout there, with students from his studio, Chris Junge's club in Saarbrucken, Mike Haselwanter's club in Austria, and some of the Dusseldorf people. All the classes went very well. The theme of the classes were based on my book in the works, with subjects from the book including sophisticated basics and zone theory.
Marc and his wife, Isabelle, are wonderful hosts and I enjoy the time I spend there with them.
I headed up to England via Berlin, with an overnight there. I had a little time to look around there and then went off to the UK. Edinburgh, Scotland was my next stop for two days. That's a truly interesting and historic place to visit.

I flew down to Plymouth, England to spend some time with Gary Ellis and his people. The guys there are a fun bunch to work with and we had a lot of laughs. The weekend classes were spent on working the weapons techniques. Udo Zehl came over from Germany to attend, having missed the Esslingen event.
It's been good to see some friends and meet some new ones. I've had a chance to see some historic things, go to museums, and get a feel for the countries as well. Plans are in the works to go back next year, with a camp in England in May and one in Austria in July. Thanks again to those who attended the seminars and to Marc, Isabelle, Gary, and Sarah for putting up with me.

No comments: