Monday, October 13, 2008

I don't get it

I belong to several groups, clubs and associations, maybe too many. Lately it seems that most of them are suffering from in-fighting. Of three groups I belong to, two for aviators and one for motorcyclists, they're all having conflict. I'll bet that 50% of the phone calls I get for stuff for the Civil Air Patrol and our motorcycle club are about people having problems with other people. It's spread to the professional association I belong to for flight instructors. One is having a special election, another wants a vote of "no confidence" for the board, and the third I keep hearing about quitting. Even in Mensa, I've been reading about how people are dropping their memberships because the group is not moving in a positive direction. What's going on?

The one group I have not been hearing about friction in is the Kenpo people I communicate with. Now I have to say that's a bit unusual. I typically hear about this person or that, who's causing problems, and where the friction is. I haven't heard much along those lines for some time.

It's been said that when times get tough people act like this. But much of this has been brewing for a while, so I have to wonder. Bottom line - keep doing what you're doing, Kenpo people, because it seems to be working.

No comments: