Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rules of Concentration

One item I learned years ago were the Three Rules of Concentration and added them to my kids class requirements (I believe I got them from Steve White). They are Focus Your Eyes, Focus Your Mind, Focus Your Body. I use them in seminars I teach in the US and overseas. I taught them in Germany and here is a response I got from Marc Sigle in Esslingen about the success of this tool.

Hello Lee,
Today, I've had a meeting with my assistants. Nadja told us that Christoph (you met him, it's the boy who has his good and his bad days...) said that his teacher at school uses the three rules of concentration. Nadja wondered where the teacher got the idea from and it turned out that Christoph taught them to his teacher. It feels great to teach something to a kid an have an impact. Thanks for teaching the three rules of concentration at our school!
Best Wishes,
Marc

Of course, there is more to it than just having them memorize the phrases. But I can't agree more with Marc - it does feel good to know you made an impact.

No comments: