Friday, June 19, 2009

The doctor is in

An odd coincidence occurred this week. One of my brown belts has a daughter who went in the hospital to have her appendix removed. The problem turned out not to be her appendix but a twist in her intestine. There's more to it than that but suffice to say that she's up and doing great. The coincidence part is that I got an e-mail with the link below from Tom Baeli and it's an article from 1987 in the New York Times. One of my students today is Dr. Marc Rowe, who is mentioned in the article. I know Marc does not like attention but I like to think that what he did that is written about in the article is a contribution to the success of Deb's daughter's operation this week, 30+ years later.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/02/us/girl-3-undergoes-4-organ-transplant.html

No comments: