Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I hate those guys

That was just to get your attention. I was thinking about how there are three body types. There's a classification that calls them mesomorphs, endomorphs and ectomorphs but that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the average, round and sharp types.
     Most of our training partners are of the first two. The last is the group that "cuts". I have partners who fall into that category, as you probably do. Most people you work with it's about as comfortable as it can be, considering that you're throwing fists and feet at each other and you get hit now and again. That third group just lets you know every shot is there.
   I call them sharp because most of them are slim people; crane-body types. It seems that their elbows, forerarms, knees, shins, fists and feet are just that much more angular or unpadded than most. So you work with them and it's just one ding after another. Sure you get some of that with the average and round people, that's what karate is about -  making pointy things to hit with. But these guys will slice you up, intentionally or not. Not much you can do about it other than laugh. It's just an observation on one of the small things we run into in martial arts practice.

1 comment:

Zoran Sevic said...

Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about. We had this guy that I swear had every bone sharpened. Every block, punch, and shin kick was painful. Every time I worked with him left me with a variety of bumps in a variety places. This is with him being careful.