Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Florida seminar

They came from Ft. Myers, Sarasota, Tampa and Naples and packed Genie Byrd's Imperial Dragon Kenpo on Metro Pkwy in Ft Myers.
I did a small class for the kids and then when the adults came in we went to work on some principles in the two-man techniques and club defenses. They told me I wore them out.
It was good to see my old group there and we had a visit from Masschusetts studio owner Bill Gaudette, who was down on vacation. Another MA resident who has relocated to Naples and opened a studio is Harry Grimm, who was also there Saturday.  Ed Cabrera was down from Tampa and a couple of adventurous yellow belts came in from Sarasota. I'll post pictures when I get some.
I was able to meet with several of my friends and some family down there, too. Bill Spearman, who shoots the video for kenpotv.com was in town and we shot some more segments for the site. The site itself is having some issues we're trying to resolve but there will be much more new material coming once that's worked out.
I visited Dr. Rowe's tai chi class at the Health Park hospital Monday, too, and they're coming along.
We had a dinner on Saturday evening that Genie had arranged and they suprised and embarrassed me with a nice card and the staff singing me a birthday song in Italian.
It was a nice trip to Ft Myers. I miss the people there, but not the traffic.

No comments: