Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February Article Posted

Premium Subscribers to my website will see the February article posted entitled 10 Inches From Disaster. Here's an excerpt.

"In my seminars I’ve said that the faster you get past the “this isn’t happening” phase and get to doing something that will likely get you through the situation is advisable. I say this because it’s what I’ve done to get myself and crew out of some rather bad situations such as fire in the cockpit or instrument failure in the clouds where you can’t see out the windows. You can’t “freak out”. In aviation you’re the pilot-in-command and it falls to you to pull it together and do the right thing, and use your crew or passengers if possible. You can see where this applies to a possible street situation like a mugging with a gun pointed in your face. Being cool and letting training kick in is what tips the scales in your favor.  So, Mr. Lee, can you really do what you teach?

There’s another saying I like that goes “We are all acolyte warriors until we are tested in combat.” I’ve been in situations that required Captain Cool to be present and one came up again recently. It was very instructive, and I’d like to pass what I learned along to you."
See www.wedlakekenpotv.com/leewedlake to subscribe. It's $29/yr. for a new article every month and access to over 100 archived items. More excerpts elsewhere in this blog.

No comments: