Monday, April 16, 2007

Chicago seminar

Lee Wedlake Kenpo Karate
I was back home over the weekend and it sure was good to see some of the old bunch. I did two seminars, one on the Two Man Set and another on the Staff Set. While I was there I promoted Kurt Barnhart to fifth degree, Manuel Rivera to third and Brian Fox to second.

Kurt has been around forever and has been the glue that's held the group together since I left Chicago in late 1991. He and his wife, Barb, are my hosts and I can't thank them enough for what they do for me and the art. Manny has been teaching over in the Western suburbs for years. He's a police officer there. Brian was one of the first two black belts I had promoted by Ed Parker back in 1980 or so.

It's a great group of people to work with and these guys have been friends as well as students for years. While I don't miss the Chicago weather, I do miss the people. And the food.

Before, with Tony Velada, who was the youngest black belt we had, promoted by Mr. Parker at the age of 14.
Lee Wedlake Kenpo Karate

After - he asks a lot of questions.
Lee Wedlake Kenpo Karate Seminars

**************************************
Lee Wedlake has been teaching Kenpo Karate for over 35 years and has written a variety of Kenpo Books about different kenpo katas and kenpo concepts. Mr. Wedlake has worked directly with Ed Parker and is generous with his knowledge and his time. He is available for Kenpo Seminars and camps.

No comments: