Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kenpo Karate 601

While K-501 will be out around Thanksgiving, I've been working on K-601. I'm down to a few items needing completion. Ed Parker Jr is working on a cover design. I'll be shooting the photos soon, too. And my long-time friend and student Kurt Barnhart of Chicago will write the preface.
Kurt runs a small club in Burbank, a Chicago suburb, at the Japanese Cultural Center. He's been a student since I opened my school in Palos Hills, IL in 1976. His credentials include experience in Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, fifth black in Kenpo, and he's a certified yogi. Kurt took the helm once I left Chicago in 1991 and has been keeping the guys together since. I value his contribution to my next book. I ambitiously thought I could get the book out by December but with the delays on K-501, that's not going to happen. Maybe spring.
Another project I am working on is Lessons with Ed Parker and it's coming along well. This book will include his stories and my experiences with him over the decade-plus I worked with him. I'm excited about it. I'd like to hear from you about what sort of things you'd like to see in a book like this. So far, I've written it as being based on my notes from my lessons and then expanded on those notes by using examples of actual stories and applications on the mat and off. I think you're going to like this.

No comments: