Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The wierdness continues


The people who have worked with me in my studios over the many years can tell you some stories about some pretty strange and funny stuff. Just read my musings (rants)on my website for a sample. Well, even though I sold my school, the wierdness continues.
Last week I got an anonymous letter in the mail, postmarked Louisville, KY. The writer believes they have a degree of precognitive ability and proceeded to outline a few instances in which they were correct in their foretelling of danger or bad stuff happening. Needless to say, there were deaths and collapsing bridges described. I was told that my name had popped into their head and that they felt a need to warn me to be careful.
OK. I'll go for that.I'll keep looking both ways before I cross the street and pre-flight the airplane extra carefully. They said I could take it as a joke and hopefully, not as a threat. Ok, I'll buy that too. But they got a little too broad when they wrote that nothing bad was likely to happen to me but to one of my family, friends, co-workers, etc. I told the other pilot I was with in the airplane about it and he laughingly said he wished I hadn't told him that.
I know an awful lot of people. I hear about injuries, sickness, death and other bad stuff frequently. I just have to wonder about this person, who admits they sent me a form letter, and what drives them to send these letters out. Sure I understand they may be genuinely concerned for the welfare of their fellow human beings but on the other hand they may just be screwing with me. I'll keep you posted if there are any developments.

No comments: