Monday, April 7, 2008

Nang

I have a student here in Ft. Myers who goes by the name of Nang. Her given name is Suwannasri, she's Thai. Nang is a brown belt and now a practicing massage therapist. She learned Thai massage at home in Bangkok, went to massage school here in the US, and also has a degree as a physical therapy assistant. She's a practicing martial artist and learning the tau chi sword and some Japanese sword work with another instructor. Her son and husband do the Japanese sword, too, with her son also being a junior black under me.
All that said, Nang combines the body work modalities into something special. That, combined with a fantastic disposition, make her truly something special. I credit her with getting my range of motion back in my shoulder after having damaged it a few years back. My physical therapist was useless and Nang got me back on track.
If you're in the Ft. Myers area, make an appointment. 826-8958.

No comments: