Monday, April 7, 2008

Seattle Lineage Camp


I'm back from the Northwest, where I taught at the invitation of Tom Graves at his Lineage Camp. Tom and his wife, Byanca, put together a nice event at the Doubletree hotel near the airport. Nice hotel, great group to work with, good food at the Saturday night banquet, and a positive atmosphere. It was actually John Sepulveda who invited me, and I always enjoy the time I get to spend with him. Mr. Steve Labounty (pictured) taught as well, and the talks we have are memorable. Mr. Bob White from Southern CA was there for the banquet, too. I hadn't seen him in years and it was good to have him around.

This camp is well-named, as the lineage is present in action - not just words. The discipline, courtesy, respect, and friendship Prof. Sepulveda practices is evident down to the white belts.

Kyle Zwarg came along, flying up from Ft. Myers, as well as Tony Velada and Rick Vecchi from Chicago. They all enjoyed the event as well. In fact, Tony and Rick surprised me by showing up there. I didn't expect them and it was a pleasant surprise.

All in all a well-organized camp at a nice facility that was easy to reach with a lots of friendly people. Watch for it next year in April.

No comments: