Sunday, January 15, 2012

20 years ago

On January 15, 1992 I opened the Ft Myers, Florida studio on College Pkwy. It was about three months after I moved to Florida from a short stay in New Hampshire and two days after my brother-in-law Rudy dies of a heart attack. He left my sister, Mary and a one year old daughter, Serena. Serena's birthday is the 15th also and she's now 21. So we have two anniversarys.
     I stayed in Florida for 19 years and 11 months before relocating here to the Austin, Texas area. Just as I left Chicago and now Florida, when people ask me if I miss it I tell them no. But I do miss the people, a lot. I made and kept many friends in both places and I'm fortunate to be able to return somewhat frequently to see them. And the web has made it easier to stay in touch with those I don't get to see.
     Those places were good to me. I'm sure Texas will be, too.
This time of year gives me much to think about - a grown niece away at school now, a widowed sister, the time spent living and teaching and what's to come. Thanks again to all of you who made it such an interesting time.

No comments: