Monday, May 28, 2012

Brian Duffy's mini-camp

I taught a class at Brian Duffy's quarterly mini-camp here in Austin. I felt very "at-home" with his group. This is a hard-core group. They were working all day, at times in the 90 degree heat, when I got there. No problems, though. They took their breaks and stayed hydrated; intelligent, safe training.
   I watched Mr. Duffy teach some staff v staff techniques that were pretty cool and we got to trade variations on some two-man stuff. This also gave me an opportunity to reacquaint with some of the guys and put names with faces as well as meet his crew. They were in from Missouri, Oklahoma, parts of Texas and even Chile. This photo is of the AKF black belts.
  Afterward there was a Texas BBQ and apparently some kind of BBQ throw down as to whose was the best. I've never seen so many grills come out at an event. Brisket, chicken, salmon, sausage and fixins. It was great. There's more on Facebook if you look at Brain Duffy's page.  

No comments: