Thursday, May 24, 2012

Margate, Florida seminar

 Here's a shot of the group at Black Belts Kenpo in Margate, FL from last weeks Friday night seminar. I covered speed and power in techniques along with the process of analyzing motion. These people are good movers, they don't speed and they know how to hit. Nice attitude, too.
It was good to see people from other studios and organizations. Dave Miller was there, and I hadn't seen him in years. I finally met Mike Allen. I'd heard his name but had never crossed paths until now. Steve Torres came down, he's one of Ed Cabrera's brown belts.
I had not seen Munis Abunuwar, my host, and his brothers for probably about a decade. Munis and I had about an hour to get caught up. He's got a large operation going there at his studio and it was full of kids when I arrived. And Munis still has his hair!
The picture here is of myself and the three brothers. The last photo I saw of us all, we had hair and none of it was gray. Dinner afterward was a good time and I enjoyed myself overall. Turns out all the brothers ride motorcycles, too, so we had some more stories to tell. Thanks to everyone who was there. Looking forward to seeing you again. 

No comments: