Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pennsylvania seminar

I was in Leesport, PA, near Reading, last weekend to teach at Brian Price's studio there. We had a pretty full day with three seminars. The adults did some grafting and change-ups along with blending Kenpo with Russian Systema. I have an instructor certificate from Vladimir Vasiliev in RMA and it's fun to work on the blend.
I worked the kids on some wrist escape techniques and talked with them about what it takes to be a better student. One of the parents, Tara Kennedy-Kline, gave me a book she wrote afterwards entitled Stop Raising Einstein. I'm looking forward to reading at as it's concerned with developmental stages in children.
Working privately with Brian is always good and his students are very complimentary of him. I enjoyed my time with his group (which was too short) and look forward to seeing some of them soon at my seminar in Broomall, PA on Tuesday, June 1 at Marc Shay's school..  

No comments: