Monday, March 12, 2007

"Join LWKS"

I have opened a section on my website that's "members only". It's the "Join LWKS" tab way over on the right.There is a description of what's in there but let me expand on that a bit.
The more mundane function it will soon have is that membership will get you discounts on books and videos, even some seminars.
The meat of it is the articles. I have some information in there that I have not published elsewhere and don't intend to. I've been working on some of this stuff for years, and I have not seen the information anywhere else in Kenpo. The reaction so far is encouraging. The black belts that have given me feedback said it really got them thinking. And that's what Ed Parker wanted. Want to know about test questions hidden in the forms or how many types of breaks and why are in the original Orange belt techniques? It's in there.
I plan to put clips of Mr. Parker's voice describing things. These clips were taken from audio recording I made during my private lessons with him 25 years or more ago.
There is a Kenpo Instructor's Handbook in there. I've been working on that for a long time, too. I have released part of it to the site and will add to it as I round out chapters. Teaching tips, pedagogy, psychology, anatomy and physiology for instructors will be in there. I'd like to take contributions from teachers as well, so that we can share the technology of teaching kenpo. We have our specific drill that other systems don't, so we need to pass that on as well as the forms and techniques.
I'm hoping you'll enjoy it, find it useful in your practice or your teaching, and tell your fellow Kenpoists about it.
Keep the flame burning.

No comments: