Monday, August 3, 2009

Mt. Vernon, Ohio seminar

The seminars and black belt testing at Steve Hatfield's Panther Kenpo Karate in Mount Vernon went very well this past weekend.
First, congratulations to Mike, Julie and Joel for passing their tests for first degree black. They did a fine job. Mr. Hatfield and his staff are producing good quality black belts.
Joel Hatfield also hand-crafted a nice pagoda-shaped stand out of wood holding an engraved metal Universal Pattern, which was presented to me at the conclusion of the seminars on Saturday. It is very nicely done and I look forward to having it for display.
Participants came from all over Columbus, one flew in from Chicago (thanks for lunch, Bam- Bam Jr!) and another was in from Canada. We worked on the combination punch defenses, and based on the body language of the group, they were pretty intent.
As always, it was a pleasure to spend some time with the group there in Mount Vernon. I'd forgotten my camera, so if any of you were there and have a photo, please forward one to me so I can post a picture or two. Much appreciated.

No comments: