Thursday, October 27, 2011

Esslingen seminar

Back from Germany and a visit to Marc Sigle's Bushido ES. I taught some classes for his kids group and several adult sessions. Topics included freestyle drills, tournament preparation, extensions (lots of these) and Short Two.
The item at left was made from a lineage portrait Marc had done by Ed Parker Jr. This one was signed by most of the attendees and given to me at the conclusion. Usually I'm doing the signing but they turned it around. Cool.
We enjoyed some meals together and it gave me a chance to talk with people. Saturday evening we went to a restuarant up on a hill overlooking the valley with a beautiful view. We'd been there before but it's always a treat to go. (The schnitzel was excellent.)
Two other groups from Dusseldorf and Regensberg were represented. It's always a pleasure to talk with Thomas from Dusseldorf and I was introduced to Josef from Regensberg. I didn't know there was a group there. Kenpo is still spreading, guys.
Marc and his wife, Isabelle, are excellent hosts and I always feel at home there. The next visit is already scheduled for March. See you in Deuthschland!

No comments: