Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hanging at Rancho Cortez




Driving the hay wagon team with the Belgian horses.


I got my niece, Serena, to come visit me in Texas recently and I took her for two days down to Bandera, "The Cowboy Capital of the World".  We had a lot of fun at Rancho Cortez with Larry and his people.
Unbeknownst to me, Serena caught me throwing a rope on the video.
On the hay wagon.
 
Larry got Serena to sit on a bull and even stand up on it, despite her claim to Level 5 panic.
They keep you busy at the ranch with trail rides, some lessons in the arena, campfires and storytelling.
I like working with the horses a bit and Julio was showing me how to catch them in the morning, get their lead lines on, feed them and get them ready to saddle. Larry took some time to get me a bit better at controlling the horse with some drills in the arena.
Had a great time. If you ever get to Texas, check them out. www.ranchocortez.com
  

No comments: