Friday, October 5, 2007

Brainiacs, Unite!

Some of you may be interested to know that Mensa is having its National Testing Day on Saturday, Oct. 20. Mensa is the High IQ Society. Only 2% of the population qualifies for invitation by passing the admissions test. The test is a one-shot deal but you can also submit exam results from 200 other qualifying tests in lieu of taking the Mensa test.
The test is done in two-parts, and passing either qualifies you. The fee is $40 and it takes about 1.5 hours. Go to http://www.us.mensa.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home for information to find a local chapter and where their test will be held. You can take the test at other times, this is just their yearly push.
When you are accepted you get to join the other geniuses in sending them your membership dues. I keep my Mensa card in my wallet to remind me I'm supposed to be smart when I do something stupid.

No comments: