Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some inspiration

I recently received an e-mail from Lou in Alaska.
"Dear Lee, I am a recovering stroke patient and have trouble with balance and coordination."

I've had many people come through my programs with all sorts of physical problems and I've seen some pretty remarkable results from martial arts training.

Lou continued, "Years ago, I studied Kenpo and am thinking that this just may be the ticket to a full recovery. I have found that just simply stepping back into a fighting stance is a challenge as my body seems to have forgotten where the end of my right leg is. I showed my physical therapist a front snap kick from a fighting stance and she incorporated it into my therapy!"

That's a good therapist he's got there.

Lou wrote, "I've discovered that doing balancing exercises just for the sake of improving my balance is incredibly boring. When I saw your video of Delayed Sword on YouTube I could feel my old martial arts juices flowing."

I have to say I'm not wild about the whole You Tube thing. My web guru, Tom Fanelli, thinks it's great while I want to shut the thing off. Some of the comments I've read are just uncalled for, especially since we have kids going online there. But following comments from someone like Lou have me reconsidering.

"I was also inspired by your mastery. My intuition was confirmed when I read your "I love me" page."

I don't consider myself a master. But if Lou, and people like him, can benefit from what I have to share, I'll keep it up. And I'm sure Lou will, too.

No comments: