Thursday, July 9, 2009

Austria camp

I was at Mike Haselwanter's Sommercamp in Lustenau, Austria over the 4th of July weekend. That's Mike on the right. You can see he's a strong boy. I've known Mike for years and I finally got a chance to meet his family. He has a lovely wife and two good-looking children. He even gets along with his in-laws!
With the help of his team, he put together a very well-organized weekend event. I heard many comments on how well it came together, from class timing and subjects, food, location, transportation, the Saturday evening party on the edge of Lake Konstanz. People are already looking forward to next year.


Much of the event was held outside on a soccer field next to the Rhine river. You could see the Alps from there and the foothills of Switzerland, Austria and Germany. Kenpo people from Dusseldorf, Saarbruecken and Esslingen attended.

Subjects covered included extensions, lock flows, Staff Set, my defending the third person concept class, question and answer sessions and more.

Friday night in Esslingen, near Stuttgart, I sat on an exam board at Marc Sigle's Bushido ES. Three people were tested and all passed. I congratulate Friedman, Nadja, and Paul.

It was a great weekend. I can't say enough good things about the hospitality. You may want to think about going next year.




No comments: