Friday, July 13, 2012

July article excerpt

Here's an excerpt from my July website article entitled More Random Points.

Jim Deery in Pennsylvania asked me about street freestyle. I’m glad he did because it’s a training method we don’t use enough. It’s the bridge between doing the standard technique patterns and sparring. Spontaneous self-defense is a degree of it, too, and even that doesn’t get done enough either. I think when people practice spontaneous (or extemporaneous, as Mr. Parker called it) they don’t have the attacker working very actively throughout the technique. It’s more that they throw one or two things and you pick them off and work. Street freestyle typically allows you both to throw when the opportunity presents itself.
Yearly subscriptions are $29 and there's also a free newsletter you can sign-up for at my site. www.wedlakekenpotv.com/leewedlake

No comments: