Thursday, November 15, 2012

Kenpo Karate 201 - In German

My book, Kenpo Karate 201, The Basics and Exercise Forms will soon be out in its German translation edition. This is huge for me, having a book in another language. However, it would not have happened without the help of several people.
  Marc Sigle has a studio in Esslingen, Germany and he's one of my students. I have been going there for some years now. Two people from the Dusseldorf area would come while I was there, they being Thomas Kozitzky and Claudia Neumann. At lunch one day, Claudia asked if I would mind if my book were translated into German, thinking it would really help German kenpoists. I agreed and she followed through. So, by December of 2012, it will be a reality!
  Claudia did a huge amount of work and was very conscientious in asking meanings for the translations, wanting to insure she was transferring my thoughts to German correctly. She even caught a few errors, making me wish I'd had her available when I first wrote it. We picked some German kenpo people to read it for further examination and a few more adjustments (I used some American English common phrases that didn't come across in Deutsch.) They were Marc Sigle, Nadja Wolz, "Lighting Lenny" Steinke, Udo Zehl and Thomas Kozitzky. New photos were shot and a new cover designed. The cover is unique to the German version and was done by one of my brown belts in Florida, Don McCullough.
  The book really is an international effort, in fact, the photos were shot here in Round Rock, Texas at Round Rock Karate Academy. It will be available in limited quantity as a hard copy but can be gotten as an e-book.
   Thanks all!

No comments: