Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Chicago seminars

Just in time for the first winter storm of the season, we had two seminars at the Japanese Cultural Center on Saturday, Dec. 1st. Each session had 20 people laying hands on each other. The first seminar was on technique extensions and the second on contact manipulation.
We had friends from other systems in the second one and they were "blown away". I enjoyed working with the group and there were a bunch of smiling faces there after we finished off.
I got a lot of flak about not bringing some Florida weather with me but hey, when you live in a place that gets colder than Anchorage, Alaska, you have to put up with some bad weather.
We all had a chance to hang out on Saturday at a local sports bar, where the guys and girls played pool and ripped on each other. I saw two of my primary flight instructors, too, one of which I hadn't seen in almost 20 years.
Kurt and Barb Barnhart were my hosts and they saw to it that I enjoyed every minute of my visit, which is always too short. I grabbed the opportunity to take Sensei Bob Garza's Iaido workout on Sunday. He's a great guy and I really enjoy talking with him.
Man, I miss those Chicago people, but not the weather.

No comments: