Saturday, April 4, 2009

Promotion



My niece, Serena, was recently promoted to Cadet Major in the Civil Air Patrol. She's a member of the Charlotte County Composite Squadron located at the Punta Gorda airport just north of ft. Myers.
I was privileged to be asked to put her rank epaulets on her for the first time. She was rubbing it in that she'd "caught up" to me in rank and the deputy commander for cadets asked me when I'd have as many ribbons as she.
Serena has been doing well in their program, which I'd recommend to any youngster interested. I think it's been helpful in many ways for her and she's gotten to go to some schools out-of-state such as the Honor Guard Academy, where she and others from around the country were trained by the US Air Force Honor Guard members in flag ceremonies, etc.
That's Jan and I, congratulating the new major.

No comments: