Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scholarships

I got this notice from Frank Shekosky at Cromwell Martial Arts, outside Hartford, CT. He's offering a scholarship and the local paper gave him some free PR.
http://martialarts.about.com/b/2009/04/17/cromwell-martial-arts-in-ct-offering-one-year-tuition-free-scholarship.htm
I've had scholarship programs and they're good. I've got one going now with a joint effort between myself and a local business called JetScape. It's owned by the parents of a student here. Here's how it works.
People bring empty ink and toner cartridges in to me. JetScape buys the usable ones from us and we put the money in a scholarship fund. I guess many people throw them away or bring them back to Office Depot or some place similar for a credit. Bringing them to us directly benefits local students. It's just getting off the ground, so we'll have to see how it works.

No comments: