Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Charleston PDS

My Professional Development Seminar held at Coastal Kenpo Karate near Charleston last weekend was a success. Nick Dreiling hosted. His school there continues to improve. He's re-done the layout and it looks great. His demo team did a demo for us between seminars and the kids just keep getting better.
   I flew into Columbia, SC and spent the night with Bruce and Krista Meyer. They showed me some true Southern hospitality. Bruce and I drove down to Charleston the next day. I was really glad to be able to get the extra time to spend with them.
   Almost 20 practitioners attended the Saturday PDS, ranging from white to black belts, from three states. We covered almost half of the original Parker orange belt techniques. The guys had good questions and we all learned something.
   Nick plans to have me up there a few more times this year and to progressively cover the system from Orange up. Hope to see you in Charleston in 2010.

No comments: