Wednesday, March 24, 2010

CT seminar

The seminars at Cromwell Martial Arts in Middletown were a success. Participants came from Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New York and Connecticut. At least three lineages were represented and everyone was welcomed. Feedback I got was that they enjoyed the seminars and were "treated well".
   This was the first time I formally presented my Body Mechanics seminar. I did 1:45 on how the joints work in their respective alignments and various ways to achieve stance and rotation. Risks of misalignments were shown and ways to avoid presented. I was glad Frank Shekosky, my host, asked me to do the presentation. The feedback I got on this on was that it filled in some gaps and was what they needed to know.
  The second class was on the standard Parker freestyle techniques. They are simple and effective but many schools don't teach them.
  It was a good weekend, one of those that went way too fast. Look for another event there in the fall.

No comments: