Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Strange stuff

An as yet unknown person has been mailing defamatory information about me to my students, business associates and other kenpo people around the country. This person is obviously unbalanced and has been described  as "deranged", a"whack job" and "a nutbar" by some of the recipients I have spoken with. One person, who contacted another recipient, told them they didn't know me well at all but knew the stuff within is absolutely fabricated.
     This person obviously has an axe to grind with me and apparently has for some time. (I wonder what their shrink has to say about that.)  They do not put their name to it and have gone to some lengths to cover their tracks because they know it is false (and illegal).  Too bad they got postmarked rather clearly, so the law enforcement agencies I have contacted have a pretty good idea where they came from.
   Like propaganda, it has some grains of truth such as where I went to junior college, some of the names of students and instructors from my first schools in Chicago and the like. They make numerous statements that you'd have to ask yourself how they knew something and them realize it would be next to impossible to discover such information, even if it were true. They attempt to weave a story around these facts, which was probably good because it gave us several clues as to their identity.
    This person makes laughable attempts to discredit me in attacking my 1) intelligence, 2) abilities, 3) appearance, 4) social affiliations, 5) character and integrity and 6) accomplishments. They spent a lot of time creating this. They start by taking a print-out about me taken from someone's website and run with it.
   They open by saying I was self-promoted and have no certificates for any rank at all. Hundreds of people have seen my diplomas hanging on my studio walls. They state I tell everyone my first kenpo teacher was Mike Sanders, also untrue. Loads of proof  exists that I went with Mr. Sanders after leaving the first school I studied at (for example, read The Journey). As to my first instructor, I don't normally mention his name but suffice to say that John Sepulveda worked for him, too, when he was in California and I found the man was a convicted flasher. And it was Ed Parker who told me that. You can imagine my surprise. Speaking of Mr. Sanders and Mr. Parker, this person makes allegations about them, too -  pretty brave when those two are dead and can't respond.
   They continue by writing that I did not win any competitions and simply bought trophies and had plates made for them. I have to wonder how I did that and still managed to accumulate enough points to be nationally rated by Karate Illustrated magazine in 1980? That's easy enough to look up and verify. They mention the American Karate Association several times. Check with them, they still have the same president and he remembers me and my record. Another invention of theirs is that I simply copied numerous ideas from others. That happens all the time in society but it's bad for me to do it, I guess. If you think about it, that's what WE do, we copy people doing techniques and forms, etc to transmit the art. They go on to say Mr. Parker had a pencil portrait so I had to have one. Shame on me. This person apparently does not know (or conveniently disregards) that Ed Parker Jr. asked all the seniors if he could do their portraits when The Journey book was being written. That tells me this is out of touch with the mainstream kenpo world. Even people who don't study but are familiar with kenpo people know that Ed was taking commissions to do portraits and anyone could have one done. Heck, this person can get one done so they don't feel so bad about themselves and we'll have a face to put with a name when we file the defamation lawsuit.
     They included a photo of me and make a hand-written note with it that points out I cast no shadow and that makes me evil. Good photographers go to lengths to insure there are no shadows in their work and that's what mine did. I can only imagine that this person thinks I don't have a reflection in the mirror, either.
   But this is not enough. They go down the road of making allegations of improper sexual activity by myself and another instructor at my Chicago area school and then create a delicate chain of "what-ifs" and associations to imply that my niece could have been at risk at the hands of another kenpo instructor. This is a sick mind. And there is much more weird stuff that I won't bore you with but is a fantastic stretch of the imagination.
    This person's attack on me is not founded on truth, is easily proven false and they are hiding. The law says you cannot defame a person in the workplace. They have done this, and anonymously to boot. As one recipient said, "They can't write, can't spell and don't even have the balls to sign it." I'm not going to sacrifice my reputation on the altar of their ego. On the other hand, I have to feel bad for a person who holds this much hate, envy and jealousy for such a long time and feels the need to act on it. One of their letters to me says "say it ain't so". Of course it's not so and they know it. So do the people they sent it to. 

No comments: