Sunday, February 13, 2011

New lifesavers

I graduated my first class of CPR/AED trainees on Saturday. Dr. Rowe and I co-taught a three hour class on cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and use of the automatic external defibrillator, as well a choking. Doc has been an instructor for years and I am brand-new at it, so it was good to have him there. We got good reviews from the attendees and they did a great job themselves.
    We had them do rescue scenarios that had them in pairs and having to run to the office, find the AED and then work as a team to save a life. I'd never had anyone include stress reaction factors into the training I'd had in CPR like I did in flight training and martial arts, so we included that in the class, too.
    So, thanks to Dr. Marc and the American Heart Association, we have seven new members of the "medical militia".

No comments: