Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teaching in another arena

I taught my first CAP Corporate Learning Course modules over the weekend. I'd volunteered and been accepted to be a staff instructor for this mid-level professional development school for the US Air Force Auxiliary.
   When it came to the subject of planning and decision-making I used a volunteer (who immediately covered his groin) and a kenpo technique to illustrate the steps of making a decision. I'ev addressed this in articles on my website so I won't go into it here but it was well-received by the largely non-martial artist audience.
This coming weekend I move on to teaching another new subject, Basic Life Support. I earned my CPR instructor ticket a week or so ago with the encouragement and assistance of Marc Rowe, MD. He and I will co-teach it. Stay tuned.

No comments: