Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back-knuckles and beignets

Just back from New Orleans. I did some seminars for Danny Sullivan's Covington Karate Studio up on the North Shore. It was my first time there.The kids were a pleasure to work with. I met some of Danny's Mississippi people who came over for the adult seminars, as well.
After working on Danny Friday we went with his students Greg and his son Grant, along with Paul down to the French Quarter to eat at Cafe Giovanni. The restaurant was a nice place and the conversation with the guys was varied and interesting. Danny, Greg, Grant and I walked down to Cafe du Monde afterward to have some beignets. That's a place you don't want to miss if you're in Nola.
He's got a good group there at his school, which was opened last year and is growing. His website is www.covingtonkaratestudio.com.
The LSU-Alabama game was scheduled for that Saturday evening after the seminars and the excitement in town was almost tangible. I see LSU won the game, so all those fans I met have to be excited.
On the plane ride back I sat next to an interesting man who, as it turned out, went to high school in Covington and is living in Houston.
We're planning another event for spring. I'll have to starve myself between now and then because all those guys do is eat. And watch football.
 

No comments: