Monday, November 14, 2011

New article at www.leewedlake.com

I have posted the November article for subscribers on my site. It's on what I call the "shooting gallery effect". Here's an excerpt.


I was told many years ago that what makes us different from other systems is our rules and principles. It’s what makes any system different from another. Each has its own set of rules they go by. Even if it’s “no rules”.

We look at motion and determine what guideline is in use. Is it a power principle, method of execution, type of contouring, etc? Normally we see what we expect to because we ask ourselves why we would do some combination of rules and how they are supported by a rule or principle. It may be better to ask ourselves why we would not do something. I have found that to a fruitful way to analyze what I do.

No comments: