Thursday, April 19, 2012

April article for subscribers

The April article for subscribers on my site should be posted very soon. The title is The Parker Salutation. It's a little different than previous material. Here's an excerpt.

Typically today’s Kenpo students are taught the long salute and what it means. The common description is (Part 1) “The warrior and scholar come forward to fight, back to back, to take their country back.
(Part 2) I have no weapons, I hide my secret and if I’m forced to use it I pray for forgiveness because I must become an animal”. Additionally, the traditional Shaolin interpret the first part as showing support for the Ming dynasty and by pulling together back-to-back, they can take their country back from the Manchus.

As I have written and taught elsewhere, the Ming term is also translated as enlightenment. Martial arts training is designed to bring enlightenment to the practitioner. I’m sure Mr. Parker would have said that’s because you get light on your feet before you hit the ground.
The article will be found at www.wedlakekenpotv.com. With the new site up and running you can get a subscription for articles only for $29/year or you can get a trial membership for the video site for $1 and add the written material at that time. There are some free articles on the site and podcasts, almost 100 of them, are free, too. Please take a look.

No comments: