Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Bedford seminars

Lance Soares opened his new studio about a year and a half ago and this was my first visit. He and his wife, Anne, are rapidly filling it with students.
I taught their Black Belt Club  class Friday night. They sure are enthusiastic students! I taught Parting Wings for everyone and a modification for the children. As with all the sessions, it went too fast.
  Saturday opened with a packed seminar for the kids. The subject was escapes from grabs. Lance's group is one of the best disciplined children's classes I've worked with. And they asked great questions and knew the answers to questions on power principles, too. Lance is doing a good job.
  Sean Crehan was there to represent the Sepulveda lineage. Always to good to see him. And Brian Walsh brought several people up from Connecticut. They are moving well and we're looking forward to seeing them more.
 Seminar 2 was on drills and then I gave them the Defending the Third Person class. That showed me they're a creative bunch, too.
  Lance's parents dropped in with Destiny, too. I enjoy talking with Rich and Chris always gives me a hug. Destiny is Lance's niece that I've known since she was a knee-high samurai and she's almost 16 and doing kenpo, too.
  Too fast I had to head to the airport and fly back to Texas. Met a character on the plane with a "wicked good" accent. I'll be back in New Bedford again.

No comments: