Friday, April 6, 2012

The new Journey book

I just got my copy and wanted to name some of my students that are mentioned in the book.
Steve White, Gary Ellis and Graham Lelliott (mis-spelled name and all).
Steve Hatfield, Kurt Barnhart, Manny Rivera, Ed Bilski, Genie Byrd, Jack Nilon, Brian Price, Marc Sigle, Marc Shay, Robert Wallace, Bruce Meyer, Keith Mathews, Danny Sullivan, Lance Soares, Sam Babikian, Ed Cabrera and Marc Rowe, M.D.
There's a photo on page 227 taken by Rich Ausman of Chicago that I couldn't get him credit for but I want to thank him. And that's the son of one of my black belts, Don Rushing, that I'm working on in the picture.
On page 175 there's a shot from a seminar in Ft. Myers in which several other black belts are shown, such as Jane West, Rick Stone, Bill Damewood, Bill Fields, Steve Catapano, Valarie Hoffman. It's mislabeled as a seminar at the Internationals but obviously it's not.

How the heck Tim Walker got left out, I don't know.  And I found many inaccuracies, mostly typos and misplaced captions, throughout in a brief skim, so don't take it all at face value. Like the first one, it's an interesting look into what made many senior instructors what they are.
And Mr. Trejo is wearing glasses.

No comments: