Thursday, June 28, 2007

Selbstverteidigung


Yup, 18 letters in one word for "self-defense". It's on the front door of Marc Sigle's school in Esslingen. I've been here for most of the week, working with Marc and his students.
I have to say thanks to his guys Mike and Benny for taking time out of their schedules to pick me up at the studio and show me around. Benny is a physical therapist and a pilot, so we had a lot to talk about regarding kenpo and airplanes. He drove me up to Ludwigsburg and we went through the castle and grounds there, then over for some views of Stuttgart from the high ground. The city lies in a valley and has some beautiful scenery. Some expresso and a great dinner followed.
Mike took me to downtown Stuttgart to visit the art museums. I saw the Andy Warhol exhibition there and some works of Picasso, Miro, and Matisse. The modern art museum had many interesting works we both enjoyed.
I taught a class the last evening I was there and the place was packed. Marc stopped everything and thanked me for my time and efforts, then presented me with an authentic beer stein. Very cool.


Several of us went out after class for dinner and we said our goodbyes. The Saabrucken and Austrian groups had come over again as well and had long drives home again.
Marc and his wife Isabelle were great hosts. I enjoyed my time in Esslingen and look forward to returning.

No comments: