Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kenpo Karate 601 update

K-601 is close to wrapping up. The photos have been shot, the writing is done, and Ed Parker Jr is working on the cover. Now it's a matter of dropping the pictures in place and adding the preface. The preface is being written by Kurt Barnhart of Chicago. Kurt is my most long-time student and one of my oldest friends. We've known each other for about 30 years. I'm happy he agreed to write it for me.
Another good friend of mine, Frank Triolo, is also one of my black belts. Frank is a lawyer and wrote and submitted a piece for the book that touches on the legal aspects of self-defense related to the weapon techniques.
With a little luck the book will be out by April or May. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Princess said...

Hi this is an interesting blog, my son took karate for a while. I like your diplomacy pic at the end. Ha Ha