Monday, June 2, 2008

Charleston, SC seminars


I was invited to teach at Nick Dreiling's Coastal Kenpo Karate in the North Charleston area. His school is in Goose Creek, and it's a nice facility. He has a great floor installed there, raised and matted.
I taught one of my Professional Development Seminars on the Parker weapons techniques on Saturday. Bruce Meyer, Nick's instructor and one of my fifth degrees, taught classes for kids on Friday evening. Bruce is so good with the kids and does such a great job he's a pleasure to teach. When it comes to the big boys' stuff, Mr. Meyer's kenpo is very "alive" and it shows with his students. And from what I saw, Mr. Dreiling looks to be doing a pretty good job with his students, both children and adults, too.
The PDS was a success, with everyone working through an intense day-long seminar, and the feedback has been great. We're talking about having seminars again in the fall, so watch for the announcements. I'm looking forward to going back.

No comments: