Sunday, June 22, 2008

A good weekend

Thursday I went down to the shooting range with two Special Forces friends to see if I could still hit anything. Nice to see I haven't lost too much. Friday I was able to spend several hours with one of my Chicago black belts, Ed Bilski, who was in Ft. Myers to spend some time with in-laws. It's always good to sit and talk with Ed. He's been around the Kenpo scene since the early 80's and is one of the guys who knew Ed Parker. Ed's learning to fly, too, so it's good to hear his experiences.
When I was up in Orlando teaching a seminar, Chicago's Jon Landin dropped in. He was in town for a work-related school and took the afternoon to come by the Celebration Hotel where I was teaching. We also had a chance to sit for a few hours and catch up. Jon was the first Kenpo stylist I'd ever met back in 1973.
Shaquille O'Neill was having lunch across the hall from the room we were working in at the hotel, so that was a bit of a buzz for the class. We worked on Form Four. I had attendees from New York, North Carolina, and across Florida there. They asked for Form Five next month. Who wants to come? E-mail me at lee@leewedlake.com.

1 comment:

Steve Shaffer said...

Mr. Wedlake, Great seminar on the higher levels of performing Form Four. I greatly appreciated the historical perspective you bring and look forward to working with you again.

Steve Shaffer
Tallahassee, FL