Monday, June 16, 2008

Mt. Vernon seminars


I was invited to teach at Steve Hatfield's Panther Kenpo Karate in Mount Vernon, Ohio last weekend. As always, the trip was enjoyable and too short. Two nice size groups were there for the Saturday seminars, both for children and adults. The day was coincident with Flag Day, the 233rd birthday of the American flag. I thought it would be a nice way to start off the kids class with telling them we had a birthday to pique their interest. I then had them face the small flag on the wall and say the Pledge of Allegiance. I was quite impressed to see that everyone in the room, parents and guests, put their hands over their hearts and said the Pledge along with us. Too many times I've been at a sporting event and seen that when the national anthem is played, many don't bother to show this respect. My hat is off to the people there in that Ohio town.
I did the seminars and everyone seemed to enjoy them, with positive feedback and follow-up questions coming my way. If you get to the Columbus area, try to drop in a meet Mr. Hatfield and his group.
http://www.mountvernonnews.com/ for an article and video on the seminars.

No comments: